We have an exciting opportunity for an experienced learning design leader to join the Learning Pool team in Nottingham.
Working in a lively and busy content production team, you will undertake high-quality learning design work on multiple online and blended learning projects from start to finish – including catalogue and bespoke work. Confidently working with clients across a range of content types, subject areas and authoring tools, you will ensure the delivery of the best possible learning solutions for our clients.
The role holder will:
• Line manage local learning designers taking responsibility for their development and managing their resource.
• Carry out one-to-ones, set objectives and provide feedback for your direct reports.
• Provide team updates to Learning Design Manager and act as a conduit for the team’s strategy.
• Lead meetings with clients to consult on project goals, requirements and potential solutions.
• Manage subject matter expertise/research content.
• Create and maintain project documentation in line with client goals, requirements and budget, including design specifications, scripts, storyboards, video/audio scripts and more.
• Brief other team members.
• Provide regular updates to project managers.
• Maintain regular client contact and take ownership for meeting project deadlines.
• Take ownership for the quality of the learning design throughout production and in the finished product.
• Work within a project’s budget, raising any commercial concerns to the Project Manager.
• Build online learning using rapid tools where required.
The successful candidate will have:
• Minimum 3 years experience of learning design, scriptwriting and training needs analysis.
• 1-2 years leadership experience as a team lead or as a lead Learning Designer.
• Able to delegate and allocate work and apply the right level of supervision.
• Capable of providing honest feedback and offering guidance and support to less senior learning designers.
• Capable of handling difficult conversations with other learning designers and members of the wider team.
• Able to manage conflicting viewpoints to reach an outcome that can be backed up with good reasoning.
• Able to apply coaching in the moment.
• Capable of motivating team members.
• Excellent listening and questioning skills to enable effective consultation with stakeholders and SMEs.
• The ability to engage with complex, technical and unfamiliar subject matter.
• Experience of working with a range of online learning build tools (for example, Adapt and Storyline).
• Enthusiasm for and knowledge of adult learning theories and principles, learning technologies and media trends.
• Ability to juggle multiple projects at once, working to tight deadlines.
• Positive, professional and open-minded attitude towards colleagues, clients and ways of working.
• Willingness to travel including occasional overnight stays.
The Learning Pool team is filled with people who have a real passion for what they do. We have been listed on the Sunday Times 100 Best Companies to Work for two consecutive years and have received an Investors in People Gold accreditation, proving our commitment to our employees. The successful candidate can expect to take advantage of the great benefits and career opportunities that come with working for us, including:
Learning Design Team Leader, Nottingham based
*The closing date for this role is 11th October 2019*
+44 (0) 207 101 9383
+44 (0) 845 074 4114*
* call charges vary depending on your provider