Senior Product Manager
Cross-org Resource Syncing
What it is:
- Using this functionality will enable admins to update a Resource in one Stream org and have an option to push the same update to all other orgs that use this Resource.
Why we have done this:
- This feature has been developed as we have a large number of clients who administer a quantity of orgs that share content, and so require functionality to enable easier Resource management across orgs at scale.
How it works:
- Create your Learning Experience as normal on the parent org or use an existing Learning Experience
- Duplicate the Learning Experience to the child org(s) as normal.
- Stream will automatically make the new duplicate Resource a child of the original duplicated parent Resource. From now on all changes to the parent Resource can be reflected in the child Resource(s).
How to make changes to child Resources via the parent Resource:
- Navigate to the Resource Library via the primary navigation bar
- Or you can access the parent Resource via the Learning Experience it is used in
- Select your parent Resource, click the pencil to edit
- Make the changes to the Resource, for example, this could be a name change or a file change
- Click ‘Advanced’ – this will show the number of child Resources liked to this parent Resource
- To have the changes pushed to all child Resources, tick the checkbox ‘Update all child resources’ and click ‘Save’. Do NOT click ‘Save as copy’ as this will not change the linked child Resources.
- A warning will surface, if you want to proceed click ‘SAVE AND UPDATE’
How to remove synchronisation and replace the child Resource with orphaned Resource within the Learning Experience:
- Navigate to the Learning Experience where the child resource is located
- Click ‘Manage Content’ within the Learning Experience settings
- Use the pencil icon to edit object
- Click the ‘Edit’ button in the ‘Resource Settings’ section
- Click ‘Advanced’ to show the advanced settings. The save option will be greyed out for a child Resource
- Click ‘SAVE AS COPY’ – this will duplicate the Resource and replace the child Resource with an orphan Resource within the Learning Experience object
- The child Resources will still be available within the Resource Library and will continue to sync with the parent Resource. The new Resource will NOT be affected by any changes made to the original parent Resource.
How to remove synchronization from a child Resource without replacing it within the Learning Experience
- Navigate to the Resource Library via the primary nav
- Select your child Resource, in the sidebar, click the pencil icon to edit
- Click ‘SAVE AS COPY’. This will create a duplicate orphaned Resource. In your Library you will see both the child and the orphaned Resources
Please note: If the parent Resource is deleted, all child Resources will become orphaned Resources.
- LXP-5255 – Dynamic Rules settings are saving correctly now
- LXP-4830 – Mandatory Stream is now visible when added to a Focus Area
- LXP-5250 – UGC group dropdown now shows all relevant groups
- LXP-5493 – Profile Refresh: Achievements tab on new My Profile page is no longer visible when there are no badges to display
- LXP-4257 – Focus Areas: The ‘View More’ button no longer displays on filtered results when there are no more LXs to show