Senior Product Manager
Learning Pool is thrilled to announce the release of the brand new Complete Your Profile page functionality. This exciting new feature makes user management easier than ever by prompting learners to complete their profile when they log in. There’s no more chasing and updating information for everyone, allowing you to focus on the things that really matter.
Complete Your Profile
What it is
Org Admins can enable the ‘Complete Your Profile’ page which then displays when a user logs in if they have profile fields that have not yet been filled in. Users can they simply add the missing information, whether it be mandatory fields or adding a profile image to inject some personality.
The updated data can then be used with other functionality, such as dynamic groups and Stream Analytics. This additional data, including custom profile fields, can be used to gain insightful metrics for analysis and comparsion.
Why we have done this
Gathering accurate up-to-date information can be a time-consuming and monotonous task. Some data is not available via HRIS or CRM systems, and gathering certain types of user data is not possible with self-registration, but we appreciate that getting the right information is vitally important for organisations. The Complete Your Profile functionality takes the monotony and stress out of the process making it more convenient, efficient, and prompting learners to fill in the details themselves can increase user engagement.
You can follow the steps below to start taking advantage of this great new feature and watch a video of it in action here.
How it works
- Navigate to ‘Settings’ > ‘Services’ > ‘Complete Your Profile’ and tick the checkbox
- Navigate to ‘Settings’ > ‘Fields’> ‘Profile fields’ and enable ‘Display on complete your profile page’ on the desired page
- If the ‘Field is Mandatory’ checkbox is also ticked, it will appear on the Complete Your Profile page with an asterisk and the form cannot be submitted without completing it
- The page will display for any users logging into the system that had missing information from the selected fields
- LXP-8721 – Right-clicking and pasting a URL into a URL resource field no longer disappears and now autocompletes
- LXP-8833 – When moving an object with no resource from one level to another, both the XP and target XP now update as expected
- LXP-8975 – The help icon has been updated to include a link to The Academy