Following customer feedback, we have introduced a ‘Preview’ mode for the ‘Modern UI’ in this release. This new feature gives organisations the power to build the dashboard and preview the changes before enabling the new look to users while also adding the ability to share a link of the preview to others in the organisation for review. This latest addition eliminates unexpected changes to a learner’s streams before the changes are made, giving organisations the time to communicate the upcoming changes and prepare documentation to share if required.
Modern UI Preview
What it is
The ‘Modern UI Preview’ gives Org Admins the option to preview the new dashboard layout prior to activating the ‘Modern UI‘ service setting. A link to the preview can also be shared for review purposes.
Why we have done this
Now it is even easier to make your platform more relevant to your learners. Before enabling changes globally, you can be sure that you know what it will look like. Admins have asked for the ability to see a preview when they build out their new dashboard before enabling it for the global organisation. The preview option allows for the ‘Modern UI’ features to be previewed and shared via a URL in order to receive sign-off before flipping the switch.
How it works
- Navigate to ‘Settings’ > ‘Dashboard Builder’
- Add the desired ‘Streams’ by adding new blocks
- Scroll to the top of the screen and click the ‘Preview’ Icon
- A new tab will open with a banner at the top highlighting ‘Preview Mode’
- The newly built dashboard with updated tiles and sidebar will display.
- The URL can be copied and shared with anyone in the Organisation for approval
- Follow the steps to enable the ‘Modern UI’ service when happy with the new layout
For further information on how this works, please see this video.
Image Size guide
Since the recent addition of the ‘Vertical Navigation’ bar we received requests for image guidelines to follow for when this feature is enabled, these can now be found here.
- Notifications will only send out if the send status has been selected [VENUE-1907]
- The ‘Cancellations Tab’ will remain active after an event is cancelled [VENUE-1937]
- The promoted ribbon displays correctly when paired with the ‘Mandatory’ label [LXP-10545]
- The promoted ribbon displays correctly when used with smaller-sized tiles [LXP-10547]
- Promoted ribbons display correctly on LX tiles in Playlists [LXP-10663]
- Admins can now update and edit live badges [LXP-11072]
- Icons in the vertical navigation no longer move to the right when clicked [LXP-10072]
- Focus areas will remain unlocked after Learning Experiences have been completed [LXP-10683]
- The Assigned and Mandatory streams now display in order of enrolment due date, closest date first [LXP-10560]
- Error no longer occurs when trying to access custom field data from a field that has been deleted. 
- A user without a last name no longer breaks the dashboard or API. [LXP-11123]
- Update to allow the LXP to determine the xAPI actor type in that now larger set of settings [LXP-10640]