Product Manager – Learning Libraries
This release is all about new features in Showcase.
One Tree Planted
We’re now partnered with One Tree Planted, a non-profit organisation focused on global reforestation, with a commitment to planting 10,000 trees.
Joining the ‘Million Trees Planted’ initiative, our partnership with One Tree Planted represents our dedication to a more sustainable development. Planting trees is one of the best ways to combat the damaging effects of climate change and we have committed to helping One Tree Planted plant 10,000 trees in national forests across the US.
Going forward we have also committed to donating a percentage of the profits from our new Net Zero collection to further fund the ‘Million Trees Planted’ challenge. Including lessons such as Conscious Consumerism, Sustainable Living and Protecting Our Water Resources, our Net Zero collection aims to empower individuals to make better, more informed decisions that benefit our Earth and its future generations.
Learn more about the Net Zero Collection by checking out Showcase here: Net Zero Collection
Read more about the partnership by clicking here: https://learningpool.com/learning-pool-partners-with-one-tree-planted-for-a-more-environmentally-friendly-future/
Building Collection Lists in Showcase
Showcase has a new feature, My Lists. This feature is available to anybody with an account on Showcase and lets you accumulate collections into saved lists on your profile.
What is included?
- Ability to identify and build lists of Collections that you are interested in
- Edit the lists, customise and add to them
- Duplicate the lists, because everyone needs options and “Final Final” lists
- Request a quote (read more below)
Why do I need it?
- It’s time for renewal and you need to start investigating what collections you’d like to review. Create a list for ‘Renewal’ that allows you to have all the details in one place.
- If new collections are coming soon that you’d like to remember to check out, create a list called ‘Don’t forget’ that you can review when released.
- What about seeing what’s in your current subscription? Creating a list called ‘Currently Have Collections’ can let you see what is currently available to you without leaving Showcase.
- Are you currently mapping from catalogues to collections? Creating a list called ‘Mapping Collections’ will help organise all the collections you need into one place and help you decide what’s best for your organisation.
These are just some examples of Lists you can create with My Lists.
How does it work?
- Each collection has a new button attached to it. Whether you’re on the Libraries page, browsing all the collections or you’re on a specific collection page, you’ll see the ‘Add to list’ button next to the ‘Share’ button.
- All you need to is select the button when you see a collection you want to add, assign it to the desired list and you’re done!
- To see the lists, you’ve got a page for that. It’s called ‘My Lists’ and it sits at the top of every page with the Home and Libraries buttons. Simply select the button and you’ll see all your lists, edit and use ‘Get Quote’ (read more about that below).
If you don’t have a Showcase Account, please let your Account Manager know & they’ll make it happen.
Get Quote in Showcase
This feature allows you to request a quote for your lists — saving time, effort and keeping everyone on the same page of what you need.
Why do I need it?
- Quick and convenient way to let your account manager or sales representative what you are most interested in
How does it work?
- When a list is complete, select the ‘Get Quote’ button. A pop-up appears where you can let us know how many users you have and then an optional field if you want to provide more information. Don’t worry about the collections — we get those details so you don’t need to add that.
- Select ‘Submit’ and that’s it! It’s that easy!
You can see a ‘Get Quote’ button that sits inside every list along with other options like Edit, Duplicate and Delete.
Partner Badges in Showcase
Learning Pool is expanding our content effort to 3rd party content. You may have already seen ‘by Filtered’ or ‘by Assemble You’ for example attached to some collections.
Why is this relevant?
We wanted to make the distinction between Learning Pool created and 3rd Party Partner created. This will let you know why some content is not editable and why it looks a little different.
Where can I find it?
You’ll see it on the Collections page of any content that is created by a 3rd party parter. It looks like a puzzle piece.
It will be in the same location as the Lesson Count and Assessments badges.
Improvements & Fixes
Improvements to existing features in Showcase
Changing your profile picture and/or password
That’s now done on the My Lists page to keep things simple for everyone. Simply select either:
- ‘Change Password’ to change your password
- ‘Edit Profile’ to update your profile picture
Share Button added
The Share Button is now on the collection page too. Right next to ‘Add to List’, you’ll see the share button. This gives you the specific URL to use when sharing pages on Showcase.
Subject Matter Experts on the homepage
Ever wanted to see the experts that are behind all of the content we write? We’ve got you covered. Our Subject Matter Experts have a dedicated section on the site, where you can see who they are, what they do and what they wrote! Have a look on the homepage of Showcase and you’ll see the direct link to them.