Associate Product Manager – LP LMS
This document details the latest changes that have been released for the LMS. For this release we have added a new course activity, Rapids, which allows users to build professional, engaging content within the LMS. We have also made a small improvement and fixed some minor bugs.
LMS and Rapids Integration (LPLMS-3175)
We are thrilled to release our new in-platform content authoring tool, Rapids. This has been added to the LMS to allow users to create and launch professional, engaging, mobile optimised content.
What it is:
- Rapids is our brand new in-platform content authoring tool.
- Administrators can now configure beautiful, media rich content directly from the LMS without any need for third-party authoring tools.
- Rapids has been designed with an intuitive interface allowing administrators to create content with an inline editor and see exactly how the content will look for learners as it is being created.
- Rapids includes text, images, videos, and text-on-image widgets which can be surfaced in single or multi-column layouts.
Why we have done this:
The past year has seen more demand than ever for producing content and learning materials for
the growing remote workplace. This has seen a rise in the creation of micro-learning, articles,
blog posts and resources that can inform and educate your learners right when they need it
H0w it works:
Design the page how you like by choosing between six different layouts:
- One full width column
- Two equal width columns
- Two columns (34% / 66%)
- Two columns (66% / 34%)
- Three equal width columns
- Four equal width columns
Build eye-catching, engaging content using the widgets below:
For full information, please check out the Learning Pool LMS User Guide on our Academy:
- LPLMS-4368 – The Photo library when picking an icon or background for a tile on the Tiles format appeared underneath the icons on the same page. To improve usability and user experience we have now moved the icons and photo library to their own areas within modal so users can view the available icons or the photo library separately rather than having both on a longer page.
- LPLMS-4373 – When using tabbing on a keyboard to navigate around the site, the ‘Skip to main content’ button didn’t work. If using a screen reader, this button would come up as a blank. A fix for this has been released so that it comes up as a button when using a screen reader or tabbing on a keyboard.
- LPLMS-4372 – The course category information that is displayed for each course on the Course Catalogue page was failing an accessibility check as the colour contrast was too low. The colour of this has been updated to be a darker shade so that it is more clear.
- LPLMS-4566 – When OJT is being used within a certification a manager can go in for the first time and sign the OJT activity off and this will stamp a complete status on the report. However, when the recertification window opened the OJT record remained as complete instead of changing to incomplete so it could not be signed off again. This has been resolved with this release and any archived certifications should update the OJT report as incomplete.
- LPLMS-4290 – When using the Course Wizard to build a course, the preview image for the LP Tiles course format was missing. This has been updated so that the image displays within the Course Wizard block as expected.