Senior Product Manager
Associate Product Manager
Learning Pool are delighted to officially release the ‘Discover’ page on Stream LXP. This is a fantastic addition to the platform for users to take a more self-guided approach to their learning. Learners no longer need to rely on search functionality, they can just click on the Discover icon in the primary navigation bar and browse at their leisure.
More information about Discover is available on the Academy: https://academy.thelpacademy.com/courses/the-stream-user-guide/playlist#object/908892
What it is:
Discover is a page of Stream LXP where learners can browse all of the content that they have access to. We have a brand new Discover icon in the nav bar and a clean sharp page that can be enabled by an Org Admin. All available Learning Experiences will surface in an A-Z order.
The page provides basic discovery capabilities for now, but we aim to develop further enhancements in the future based on feedback from our customers.
Why we have done this:
Within Stream LXP there has previously been so easy way to ‘discover’ learning that is publicly available for users without using the search feature. Self-guided learning journeys have been improved and access to all learning content is now more efficient.
How it works:
To preview the Discover page before enabling, Org Admins can type ‘/discover’ at the end of the URL from the Dashboard.
An Org Admin can enable Discover for their org
- Settings > Services > UI/UX > Tick ‘Enable Discover Page’ check box
- The Discover icon will surface on the nav bar
A Learner can view the the Discover page
- Clicking the Discover icon will navigate the learner to the Discover page
- The Discover page will surface all LXs that can be found via the current Search functionality on Stream
- For example, if visibility settings of an LX is set to secret and not assigned to the user, this will not be included on the Discover page