When planning the launch of the OD&L program, Fielding was determined to create a modern learning experience that aligned with the digital expectations of working professionals. A clean, intuitive user interface was essential for the desired learner experience, as was the ability to foster deep social interaction that would form the crux of this new learning community.
University administrators, meanwhile, desired reporting on the quality and depth of those course interactions between learners and the program’s subject matter experts. They even dreamed of mechanisms by which some interactions could potentially be automated to help draw learners back into the community and encourage continued engagement throughout the duration of the program.
Finally, as an academic university, facilitators needed options for formal grading elements by which the learners would be assessed and eventually awarded college credit.
After a series of discovery workshops with Learning Pool’s team of Solution Engineers and Instructional Designers, Learning Pool’s Stream Learning Suite was settled on to create a robust digital learning environment. For Fielding’s unique use case a full suite solution would be required, including an LXP, LMS, LRS, campaign deployment, and authoring products, all leveraged to meet the needs of the OD&L program:
- With the LXP serving as the front end to learning, learners are immersed in cohort-based learning that is much deeper than traditional forums.
- Learning Pool’s content authoring tool was used to consolidate relatable content into rich, modern, interactive digital resource objects throughout the six masterclasses.
- The social and gamified methods of an LXP allow learners to collaborate with each other and engage in the material.
- Each masterclass has a set of subject matter experts facilitating each module, providing on-hand expertise to support the students and guide conversations.
- A seamless connection to the LMS provides an opportunity for learners to submit assignments for formal assessment in line with a traditional graduate program of study.
- The Social Intelligence Dashboard (SID) within Stream provides course facilitators with insight into which learners are most deeply engaged in the learning experience and which might need additional support.
- Meanwhile, data from all learner activity is fed into a Learning Record Store (LRS), where it can be utilized in automated, personalized communication campaigns with triggers and nudges for students.
Essentially, Learning Pool has brought together a suite of products that allows Fielding to offer a first-class learning experience that is personal, relevant, engaging, and measurable.