How and for what purposes we use the information collected about you
- the information we collect about you;
- how that information may be used;
- with whom the information may be shared;
- how you may update the information you provide us;
- how you may contact us; and
- your choices about the information.
We collect Personal Information about you that may include your name, e-mail address, general usage metrics of the Services, your financial payment information, your profile, email communication history with us, anything you may post on the Sites and other information associated with you or your organization, as well as other information that may or may not specifically identify you. The information collected through the Services may be stored at servers, computers, or other media located in the United States.
We may obtain information about you from third-party sources, such as Google, Apple or your employer, when applicable. This information may be utilized, analyzed, and/or compared with information that we have collected from you or that you have submitted to the Services. If we obtain information from third-party sources, you agree that your sole legal remedy for any harm associated with that information is against the third-party that provided the information to us, and that you will not assert any cause of action, claim or demand against us other than requesting we delete any erroneous information.
For the avoidance of doubt, we shall be entitled to collect anonymous and/or aggregated data across its various products and services provided that no individual natural person can be identified from such data (“Aggregate Data”). The Aggregate Data will be used to analyse behaviour, trends and needs and to improve, and enhance our services and for other development, creation of new features, diagnostic and corrective purposes in connection with our services. We shall own all right, title and interest in and to the Aggregate Data and this is not considered Personal Information.
Information Collection Technology
We may use various technologies, including “cookies” “Google reCAPTCHA” and “Google Tag Manager” and web beacons to collect information, pursuant to your use of the Services, from your electronic device about your activities using the Services. We may collect and store non-personally identifying information through cookies, and third-parties to profile user activity and preferences. Technical and specification information about your device and settings may be collected when you use the Services. This information may include your Internet Protocol (“IP”) address, your browser type, operating system, access time(s), the content of previously accepted “cookies” from us, and the website address that referred you to our Services.
A cookie is data stored on your device that tracks non-personal information about you. When using our Services, we may assign your device one or more cookies that enable us to improve the quality of our Services and to personalize your experience. Cookies allow us to automatically collect information about your activity on our Services, such as the content you access while using our Services, the links you click, and other activity you conduct while using our Services. You may choose to modify your device setting to disable cookies or limit their use. If you choose to disable or limit cookies, or otherwise limit your device permissions to the Services, you may experience diminished performance from the Services and/or may be prevented from using some or all features of the Services. Our cookies generally fall into one of four categories: Essential, Functional, Analytics and Target.
Our Services may contain web beacons (also known as “clear gifs”) or similar technologies that gather non-personally identifiable information about your use of our Services. Such technology may also be contained in e-mail messages or newsletters from us that allow us to determine whether messages have been accessed. The purpose of our use of this technology is so that we may analyze the effectiveness of our marketing efforts and the quality of our Services.
You are solely responsible for the content you submit to us and by doing so you agree to adhere to the following.
You may not submit any material which:
- advertises or promotes goods or services;
- reveals any confidential or sensitive information;
- contains or links to any unlawful, defamatory, harmful, harassing or indecent material which is deliberately intended to upset other users;
- encourages conduct that constitutes a criminal offence;
- contains any material which you do not have permission to use (including material which is copyright or trademark protected)
- contains viruses or any other components with harmful or contaminating effects on the Sites, our Services or any equipment connected to them;
- impersonates others;
- interferes with any other person’s use or enjoyment of the Sites or Services
- uses a third party’s internet domain name, or is relayed from or through a third party’s equipment, without permission of the third party;
- contains false or misleading information in the subject line or otherwise contains false or misleading content;
In addition, you may not use our Services for:
- illegal activity
- child sexual abuse material or any content that exploits or harms children – we wil report this to the relevant authorities
- bullying behaviour, glorifying violence or celebrating the suffering or humiliation of others
- generation of malware, being content that attempts to generate code that is designed to disrupt, damage, or gain unauthorized access to a computer system
- activity that has high risk of physical harm, including weapons development, military and warfare, management or operation of critical infrastructure in energy, transportation, and water
- activity that has high risk of economic harm, including multi-level marketing, gambling, payday lending, automated determinations of eligibility for credit, employment, educational institutions, or public assistance services
- fraudulent or deceptive activity, including scams, coordinated inauthentic behaviour, plagiarism, academic dishonesty, astroturfing, such as fake grassroots support or fake review generation, disinformation, spam or pseudo-pharmaceuticals
- political campaigning or lobbying, by generating high volumes of campaign materials, generating campaign materials personalized to or targeted at specific demographics, building conversational or interactive systems such as chatbots that provide information about campaigns or engage in political advocacy or lobbying, building products for political campaigning or lobbying purposes
- activity that violates people’s privacy, including tracking or monitoring an individual without their consent, facial recognition of private individuals, classifying individuals based on protected characteristics, using biometrics for identification or assessment, unlawful collection or disclosure of personal identifiable information or educational, financial, or other protected records
- engaging in the unauthorized practice of law, or offering tailored legal advice without a qualified person reviewing the information – our Services are not fine-tuned to provide legal advice. You should not rely on our models as a sole source of legal advice.
- offering tailored financial advice without a qualified person reviewing the information – our Services are not fine-tuned to provide financial advice. You should not rely on our models as a sole source of financial advice.
- telling someone that they have or do not have a certain health condition, or providing instructions on how to cure or treat a health condition – our Services are not fine-tuned to provide medical information. You should never use our models to provide diagnostic or treatment services for serious medical conditions. Our servcies should not be used to triage or manage life-threatening issues that need immediate attention.
- high risk government decision-making, including law enforcement and criminal justic, migration and asylum
You must not use the Sites or Services in a manner that could damage, disable or impair any aspect of any of the site or interfere with any user’s enjoyment.
If we believe that unauthorised or improper use is being made of the Sites and/or the Services, it may at any time take such action as it deems appropriate, including without limitation, blocking or deleting content from a particular domain, mail server or IP address, or suspending or blocking your account or access rights.
In addition. we reserve the right, at our own discretion, to moderate content that we feel is inappropriate, may cause offence or harm, or is any way threatening to users on any of our Services.
We characterise such content as follows:
|hate||Content that expresses, incites, or promotes hate based on race, gender, ethnicity, religion, nationality, sexual orientation, disability status, or caste. Hateful content aimed at non-protected groups (e.g., chess players) is harrassment.|
|hate/threatening||Hateful content that also includes violence or serious harm towards the targeted group based on race, gender, ethnicity, religion, nationality, sexual orientation, disability status, or caste.|
|harassment||Content that expresses, incites, or promotes harassing language towards any target.|
|harassment/threatening||Harassment content that also includes violence or serious harm towards any target.|
|self-harm||Content that promotes, encourages, or depicts acts of self-harm, such as suicide, cutting, and eating disorders.|
|self-harm/intent||Content where the speaker expresses that they are engaging or intend to engage in acts of self-harm, such as suicide, cutting, and eating disorders.|
|self-harm/instructions||Content that encourages performing acts of self-harm, such as suicide, cutting, and eating disorders, or that gives instructions or advice on how to commit such acts.|
|sexual||Content meant to arouse sexual excitement, such as the description of sexual activity, or that promotes sexual services (excluding sex education and wellness), erotic chat or pornography|
|sexual/minors||Sexual content that includes an individual who is under 18 years old|
|violence||Content that depicts death, violence, or physical injury.|
|violence/graphic||Content that depicts death, violence, or physical injury in graphic detail.|
The following section only applies if you use one of our mobile software applications (the “Software”). The Software requires certain permissions on your mobile device in order to work as intended. You can either allow or deny the Software access to the permissions. In some cases it is necessary for you to grant the Software permissions to take full advantage of features or functionality of the Software. If you disallow some or all permissions, the Software may not function properly. Some of the permissions needed may include access to your device’s: camera; calendar; location; phone; sensor; SMS; and storage. Additional permissions may be requested as new features are added in the future.
Information Use and Sharing
We may use and share your information for any legally permissible purpose. We may match, use, and share any of the information we collect from you to any personally identifiable information we obtain through third-parties. The ways we may use or share information that we collect about you include:
- providing you with use of the Sites and Services;
- providing you with products or services, whether from us, or any affiliates or sponsors;
- providing you with customized content and services;
- providing technical or customer support;
- performing research and analysis to gauge the use of the Sites and Services;
- communicating with you by e-mail, postal mail, telephone, text message, and/or mobile devices about products or services that may be of interest to you from us, any affiliates, sponsors or other third-parties;
- to administer the working relationship with you/your employer;
- where we have another legitimate interest in doing so;
- in connection with any possible sale merger or restructuring of all or any part of our business or assets; and
- performing functions as otherwise described to you at the time of collection.
In order to perform certain services on your behalf, we may publish certain information that you provide. You agree that any testimonial feedback, stories, posts, interactions or other comments provided by you to us through any form of communication including but not limited to through the Sites, becomes our sole and exclusive property of and that such information may be used for any legally permissible purpose, including, but not limited to marketing and advertising our Services.
- To our affiliates as permitted by law;
- To third parties who provide information technology services such as website hosting, computer systems maintenance, or data security and privacy services;
Communications from Us
Unless you opt out of certain communication features, we may use your information to communicate with you, such as through e-mail, newsletters, and telephone. You may opt out and/or unsubscribe to communications at any time. See the Opt-Out Provisions and Updating Your Information section below for applicable contact information and directions.
Opt-Out Provisions and Updating Your Information
You may contact us to review, update and correct your Personal Information.
Our emails will include a link to opt out from receiving further electronic communications from us. At places on our website where you give us your Personal Information, you may opt out of receiving those communications. You may also opt out of future electronic communications by contacting us as provided below.
We may need to verify your identity before providing you with Personal Information or updating it in our system.
External links and Third Party Privacy Policies
The Services may link to other websites, including but not limited to health care provider pages, or through advertisements. We disclaim any and all responsibility for the privacy practices of third-parties that may have links to or from our Services. We encourage you to review the privacy policies/statements of every website that you visit that collects personally identifiable information.
Social media platforms
Communication, engagement and actions taken through external social media platforms that this website and its owners participate on are custom to the terms and conditions as well as the privacy policies held with each social media platform respectively.
The Site may use social sharing buttons which help share web content directly from web pages to the social media platform in question. You are advised before using such social sharing buttons that you do so at your own discretion and note that the social media platform may track and save your request to share a web page respectively through your social media platform account.
Information Retention and Security
We may store your information from the time of initial submission, as well as automated personal information about you. However, if we obtain or collect your social security number, that information will be encrypted and securely stored.
We take reasonable security measures to protect users’ information against unauthorized access, loss, alteration, or destruction. These measures include encryption, intrusion detection, intrusion prevention, anti-malware endpoint protection and industry standard data center security measures to guard against unauthorized access to systems where we store personal information, and the usage of reputable third-party vendors. Despite these reasonable measures, we cannot guarantee our security measures are impenetrable. Therefore, although we take reasonable steps to secure your information, we cannot and do not promise or warrant that your information will always remain secure.
If we have reason to believe that there is likely to be a breach of security or misuse of the Sites or Services, we may also require you to change your password.
California Privacy Rights
We will not share any personal information about you with other companies if prohibited by applicable California law or to the extent your prior consent to share is required by applicable California law.
If you are a California resident, you may have certain rights with respect to your Personal Information including the following rights:
- the right to “opt-out” of our sale of your personal information to any third parties;
- the right, with some exceptions, to have your personal information deleted from our possession or control; and
- the right to receive equal service and pricing from us even if you exercise any of your privacy rights.
EU Resident Rights under the GDPR
These disclosures apply only to our processing of Personal Information within the scope of the General Data Protection Regulation (“GDPR”) from one or more of the European Union Member States plus Iceland, Lichtenstein and Norway (together known as the “European Economic Area” or “EEA”).
The GDPR went into effect on May 25, 2018. As a resident of the EU or EEA, you have certain rights with respect to the processing of your personal data, including:
- Your right of access – You have the right to ask us for copies of your personal information.
- Your right to rectification – You have the right to ask us to rectify information you think is inaccurate. You also have the right to ask us to complete information you think is incomplete.
- Your right to erasure – You have the right to ask us to erase your personal information in certain circumstances.
- Your right to restriction of processing – You have the right to ask us to restrict the processing of your information in certain circumstances.
- Your right to object to processing – You have the the right to object to the processing of your personal data in certain circumstances.
- Your right to data portability – You have the right to ask that we transfer the information you gave us to another organisation, or to you, in certain circumstances.
You are not required to pay any charge for exercising your rights. If you make a request, we have one month to respond to you.
Please contact us at [email protected] if you wish to make a request.
Contact us at [email protected] by calling +1 844 238 5577 or by writing to us at:
Learning Pool Inc.
On any email or postal letter you send, please include “Privacy” in the subject line.
Last Updated: August 2023